Signs when a Cedar Shingle or Shake Needs a Replacement
If one or more of the shingles or shakes on your cedar roof are showing any of these signs, it’s time to swap them out for new ones.
- Curling or cupping
Replacing Cedar Shingles or Shakes
Although some homeowners may attempt to replace it themselves or have a friend with roofing knowledge do it, this type of do-it-yourself roof repair could void your roofing warranty.
Cedar roofing requires special skill and care during installation. Only a certified cedar roofing company should perform the install.
Here are other key reasons why only cedar roof experts should replace your cedar roofing shingles:
- We know the replacement requirements for your roof design.
- We know the weak spots for different roof types and how to properly replace the cedar roofing to ensure that fasteners won’t fail and lead to roof leaks.
- We can recognize if other roofing material is about to fail and replace it as well.
- We know how to perform shimming and other roof repair methods according to the style of roof on your home and its condition.
- We know the underlying problems to look for that may be causing damage to your cedar shingles or shakes.